If you're testing to see if your new eSIM data package is working correctly, you might open an internet browser like Chrome and see if you can load a new page.
If you try this and see an error that says "No internet. Try turning off airplane mode, turning on mobile data or Wi-Fi, or checking the signal in your area" and references error code "ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED," you might be surprised by the fix.
This is a common Chrome error when people are using eSIM data for the first time, and it often has nothing to do with their data working correctly.
Usually, this error is because cellular data has not been toggled on for Chrome.
Here's how to fix the "No internet" Chrome error:
1. On your iPhone, go to "Settings" and then "Cellular" (or "Network")
2. Make sure your eSIM is toggled on, with Data Roaming on
3. Make sure your eSIM is selected as your iPhone's data source
4. Under "Cellular," scroll down until you see a list of apps that are allowed to use your eSIM for cellular data. Make sure the apps you want (like Chrome) are toggled on.
5. Reopen Chrome, and see if you can load a page
If you're still experiencing the "No internet" Chrome error, please email email@example.com or use our live chat here on the site.