Many aloSIM customers purchase eSIM data packages for different countries and regions as they travel the world, and sometimes they don't realize that their original aloSIM eSIM (which they've already installed) won't work globally with their new data packages.
Each eSIM will only work within the country/region for which it's designed.
For example, let's say you're going on a vacation that will take you to several countries ...
- You start in Mexico, where you buy a Mexico eSIM data package
- You install the Mexico eSIM on any compatible device
- You activate your Mexico data package and make sure your device knows to use your Mexico eSIM for all mobile data
- You arrive in the United States and buy a U.S. eSIM data package
- You must now install the United States eSIM because your Mexico eSIM will not work in the United States
- Then you must toggle off your Mexico eSIM, activate your United States eSIM, and make sure your device knows to use your United States eSIM as your only data source
Think of it this way:
- Your Mexico eSIM (digital SIM card) is only going to connect you to networks in Mexico
- Your United States eSIM is only going to connect you to networks in the United States
- You need to make sure your device is using the correct eSIM depending on your location
Visiting a country where you've already used aloSIM before?
- Go to "My eSIMs" in your aloSIM app
- Select that existing eSIM and hit "Top Up eSIM" (to avoid installing a new eSIM)
- Purchase a new data package for your existing eSIM (must be same exact country/region)
- Follow the instructions to activate the new data package
- Make sure your eSIM is toggled on, and selected as your data source
Visiting a new country where you haven't used aloSIM before?
Questions? Our team is available 24/7 via live chat and email (firstname.lastname@example.org), so please reach out anytime.