Want to make sure your iPhone eSIM has been configured correctly?
After you've successfully completed your eSIM installation, here's a quick guide to the correct eSIM settings for your iPhone or iPad:
Your eSIM should be switched on
- Go to Settings / Cellular / SIMs
- Select your eSIM
- Toggle "Turn On This Line" ON
Data Roaming should be on for your eSIM
- Go to Settings / Cellular / SIMs / aloSIM
- Make sure "Data Roaming" is toggled ON
NOTE: If your iPhone has iOS 16.4 or newer installed, Data Roaming may not need to be toggled on in order for your data to flow.
Data Roaming should be OFF for your primary SIM
- Go to Settings / Cellular / SIMs / Primary
- Make sure "Data Roaming" is toggled OFF
Your eSIM APN should be 'alosim'
- Go to Settings / Cellular / SIMs / aloSIM / Cellular Data
- Make sure your APN is set to “alosim” in the APN field
- Make sure your APN is set to “alosim” in the LTE APN field
Network Selection should be 'Automatic'
- Go to Settings / Cellular / SIMs / aloSIM / Network Selection
- Make sure your Network Selection has “Automatic” toggled on
iMessage should be connected to your Apple ID email address
- Go to Settings / Messages / iMessage
- Make sure you can receive iMessages to (and reply from) both your phone number and your Apple ID email address
Your Cellular Data Source should be aloSIM
- Go to Settings / Cellular / Cellular Data
- Select your eSIM
- Toggle "Allow Cellular Data Switching" off
Your Default Voice Line should always be your phone number
- Go to Settings / Cellular / Default Voice Line
- Always choose your phone number (if you have one) since eSIMs don't come with phone numbers (but you can still call/text using an eSIM)
- If you choose to turn your primary SIM off at some point, aloSIM might default to being your Default Voice Line, but it still can't be used for calling or texting
- When you turn your primary SIM back on, make sure you set it as your Default Voice Line again
Having trouble? Please reach out to our team via live chat or email (email@example.com).