It's easy to text with a data-only eSIM, but how you text depends on the device you're using.
iPhone users can rely on iMessage.
Since iMessage only requires a Wi-Fi or data connection, it's perfect for data-only eSIMs. (After all, no phone number is required for your seven-year-old niece to iMessage you a long string of emojis.)
iPhone or Android users can text with Hushed.
Hushed is our sister app, and it lets you create a temporary phone number in one of 300+ area codes for private calling and texting. Choose a low-cost monthly, pay-as-you-go plan, or prepaid plan to get started calling and texting right away.
iPhone or Android users can text with their regular number.
Yes, texting with your regular phone number (while relying on aloSIM for data) is absolutely an option.
1. Choose your eSIM as the source of all cellular data
2. Keep your Default Voice Line set to "Primary"
3. Keep your eSIM and your primary SIM both on
4. Data Roaming should be ON for your eSIM
5. Data Roaming should be OFF for your primary SIM
6. Expect carrier fees for calls and texts (MORE INFO)