Once you've successfully installed your Samsung eSIM (digital SIM card), you can activate your eSIM data package anytime you're ready to start using your data.
Remember, you must be located in your data package's country/region in order to connect to a network. (Don't try to activate a vacation data package if you're still at home, because you won't be able to reach those networks yet.)
1. TURN ON YOUR SAMSUNG eSIM:
Go to "Settings" > "Connections" > "SIM card manager" and make sure your eSIM is toggled on
(Some Samsung devices may need to choose "Mobile Networks," turn on your eSIM, and enable Mobile Data & Data Roaming.)
2. CHOOSE YOUR eSIM AS YOUR DATA SOURCE
While on "Settings" > "Connections" > "SIM Card manager," and scroll down to “Preferred SIM" (or "Primary SIM").
If you have a phone number you want to keep active, you'll choose your regular SIM under "Calls" and "Messages," and choose aloSIM under "Mobile data."
If you won't be using a phone number, you'll just choose aloSIM new eSIM your Preferred/Primary SIM.
3. TURN ON DATA ROAMING FOR YOUR eSIM:
Navigate to "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Networks" and toggle Data Roaming ON.
You need to have Data Roaming for your Samsung eSIM so we're able to connect you to the best local network.
4. CHECK YOUR SAMSUNG APN:
This may be done automatically, but it's a good idea to navigate to "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Network" > "Access Point Names."
The selected eSIM should say "alosim" in the Name and APN fields.
Does your selected APN show something different? We can show you how to edit it.
- Tap the selected eSIM to edit it
- Put "alosim" in the Name field
- Put "alosim" in the APN field
- Tap the three vertical dots
- Select "Save"
Now your selected APN should be "alosim."
If no APNs appear on your list, select the three vertical dots in the top-right corner, create a new Samsung APN, put "alosim" in the name field and in the APN field, and tap "Save"
5. CHECK YOUR NETWORK SELECTION: This should already be set to "Automatic," so we can pick the best possible support networked. But you can check by going to "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Networks" > "Network operators" > “aloSIM” and making sure "Select automatically" is on.
If you encounter an issue during the eSIM activation, please reach out (via Live Chat or by emailing email@example.com) right away so we can help, and DO NOT DELETE your eSIM since eSIMs can only be installed once, on a single device.