How do I activate my eSIM data package on my Samsung device?
Once you've successfully installed your Samsung eSIM (digital SIM card), you can activate your eSIM data package anytime you're ready to start using your data.
Remember, you must be located in your data package's country/region in order to connect to a network. (Don't try to activate a vacation data package if you're still at home, because you won't be able to reach those networks yet.)
1. TURN ON YOUR eSIM: Go to "Settings" > "Connections" > "SIM card manager" and make sure your new eSIM is toggled on
(Some Samsung devices may need to choose "Mobile Networks," turn on your eSIM, and enable Mobile Data & Data Roaming.)
2. CHOOSE YOUR eSIM AS YOUR DATA SOURCE: While on "Settings" > "Connections" > "SIM Card manager," scroll down and tap “Preferred SIM" (or "Primary SIM") where you'll select “aloSIM,” and confirm you want to change to this SIM.
3. TURN ON DATA ROAMING FOR YOUR eSIM: Navigate to "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Networks" and toggle Data Roaming ON. It's important to turn on Data Roaming for your Samsung eSIM, so we can connect you to the best local network. Without this setting on, you won't be able to connect.
4. CHECK YOUR SAMSUNG APN: This may be done automatically, but it's a good idea to navigate to "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Network" > "Access Point Names" and tap "aloSIM" to make sure it says "alosim" in the Name and APN fields.
If your APN isn't "aloSIM," select the three vertical dots in the top-right corner, create a new Samsung APN, put "alosim" in the name field and in the APN field, and tap "Save"
5. CHECK YOUR NETWORK SELECTION: This should already be set to "Automatic," so we can pick the best possible support networked. But you can check by going to "Settings" > "Connections" > "Mobile Networks" > "Network operators" > “aloSIM” and making sure "Select automatically" is on.
If you encounter an issue during the eSIM activation, please reach out (email@example.com) right away so we can help, and DO NOT DELETE your eSIM since eSIMs can only be installed once, on a single device.