Once you've installed your new eSIM data plan on your Android device, this is a final step that ensures your data is going to work correctly.
- On your Android device, go to "Settings"
- Select "Network & Internet" or "Connections"
- Select "Mobile Network" or "Advanced"
- Go to "Access Point Names"
- Make sure the APN has "alosim" in the Name field, as well as in the APN field
Here's an example of a Google Pixel APN setting:
And here's an example of a Samsung APN setting:
(If your APN was automatically set to "alosim," that's fantastic. This is done automatically on certain devices but must be done manually on others, so it's always a good idea to check.)
- If "alosim" isn't appearing as an option, select "ADD," the + symbol, or three vertical dots
- Type in "alosim" (all lowercase) in both the Name and APN fields
- Confirm your new APN by saving it