How do I activate my eSIM on my iPhone or iPad?
If you've already followed our instructions for installing your eSIM on your iPad or iPhone, now you're ready to activate your eSIM data plan and start using your new data!
Remember, you must be located in your data package's country/region in order to connect to a network. (So don't try to activate a vacation data package if you're still at home, because you won't be able to reach those networks yet.)
How to activate your eSIM and start using your aloSIM data:
1. Open “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad
2. Go to "Cellular"
3. Under Cellular Plans, select your aloSIM data plan (or select "Add eSIM")
4. Toggle "Turn On This Line" to ON
5. Make sure "Data Roaming" is ON for your aloSIM plan so we can connect you to the best local network
6. If you have a Primary data plan from a regular provider, go to Cellular Plans, select your Primary data plan, and make sure "Data Roaming" is OFF so you don't rack up roaming charges on your monthly carrier bill
7. Now it's time to make sure aloSIM will be your only source of data. Tap "Cellular Data"
8. Select your aloSIM data plan
9. If you have a Primary data plan, make sure "Allow Cellular Data Switching" is OFF so your device only uses your aloSIM data (and doesn't try to use your home plan)
And whenever you want to switch back to using your Primary data plan, just repeat steps 7-9 and choose "Primary" under Cellular Data instead.
If you have any problems installing your eSIM plan on your iPhone or iPad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.