One of the final steps in installing an eSIM on an Android device is making sure the APN (Access Point Name) is set to "alosim."
- On your Android device, go to "Settings"
- Select "Network & Internet" or "Connections"
- Select "Mobile Network" or "Advanced"
- Go to "Access Point Names"
- Make sure the APN has "alosim" in the Name field, as well as in the APN field
But what happens if you've done that, and it still won't let you select "alosim" as the APN?
It's possible that APN is linked to a previous eSIM and that's why it's not letting you select it for your new eSIM, but there's an easy solution.
1. Go to "Settings" then "Network & Internet" or "Connections"
2. Select "Mobile Networks" or "Advanced"
3. Select "Access Point Names"
4. In the list of available APNs, rename the "alosim" option to "globaldata"
4. Now you should be able to select "globaldata" as your APN
Please email email@example.com if you need further assistance, and we'll be happy to help.