How do I know I'm relying on my eSIM as my data source?
Here's how to make sure your device is definitely relying on your eSIM for data, and not trying to use your regular cellular data plan.
1. Check that aloSIM is your device's source of data
Go back through your data package's activation instructions (for Android devices or for iPhones/iPads) Double-check that you've selected your aloSIM eSIM as your device's only source of data.
- ANDROID DEVICES: How to choose aloSIM for mobile data
- iPHONES & iPADS: How to choose aloSIM for mobile data
2. Make sure you aren't switching between data plans
Since some devices have the ability to hop between data sources, you can ease your mind by making sure Allow Cellular Data Switching is "OFF." This forces your device to only use aloSIM for data, and not use your primary plan.
3. Make sure Data Roaming is OFF for your Primary SIM
This is the most important setting, because once Data Roaming is 'OFF' for your Primary SIM, your carrier back at home can't charge you roaming fees. It completely removes your Primary SIM's ability to "roam."