Using an eSIM for data on vacation? Great! You're going to love staying connected without roaming charges.
Since you'll need a solid Wi-Fi (or data) connection to complete the eSIM installation process, we recommend installing your eSIM on your device 1-2 days prior to leaving on your trip. Then you can make sure it gets installed properly, without any connection glitches.
- How to install an eSIM on an iPhone or iPad
- How to install an eSIM on a Google Pixel device
- How to install an eSIM on a Samsung device
- How to install an eSIM on an Android device
But you won't want to activate your eSIM data plan until you arrive at your destination (or right before you arrive), otherwise you'll waste precious days of your data plan.
You must be located in your data package's country/region in order to connect to a network. (So don't try to activate a vacation data package if you're still at home, because you won't be able to reach those networks yet.)
Activating your eSIM data plan doesn't require a Wi-Fi (or data) connection because you're just checking device settings and telling your device to use aloSIM for data.
In fact, you should turn off Wi-Fi so you can confirm your eSIM data is working properly.
- How to activate an eSIM data plan on an iPhone or iPad
- How to activate an eSIM data plan on a Google Pixel device
- How to activate an eSIM data plan on a Samsung device
- How to activate an eSIM data plan on an Android device
Remember, as soon as your data plan is activated, your countdown to package expiration will begin. So don't activate your eSIM data plan until you've arrived at your destination and you're ready to use it.
Have a wonderful vacation, and don't hesitate to reach out (firstname.lastname@example.org) if we can help with anything!